Our capital markets team is the most active capital markets team in the UAE, having led almost all the IPOs and rights issue took place in the UAE, including two UAE issuers listed on London Stock Exchange. Dubbed as “the UAE ECM guru” by Chambers & Partners and “the first choice when it comes to UAE IPOs”, Ahmed Ibrahim is ranked as tier 1 capital markets lawyer by the Legal500 and has a second to none hands on capital markets experience. Our equity capital markets team advised on more than 17 IPOs in the UAE.
Below is a list of our recent capital markets transactions
- Advised Julphar PJSC on the capital restructuring, including a capital reduction followed by a rights issue;
- Advised Emirates NBD in respect of the largest rights issue of AED 6.5 billion;
- Led and completed the rights issue of Ajman Bank of AED 470 million;
- Led and completed the IPO of UAE Exchange on London Stock Exchange;
- Advising Healthcare group on an IPO on DFM;
- Advising an Insurance publicly listed company on capital restructuring by decreasing the issued capital and increasing the same by rights issue of AED 500 million to a strategic investor on Dubai Financial Market with possible merger option;
- Advised Invest Bank on the local law aspects of the capital restructuring of the bank by way of capital reduction and rights issue allotted to strategic investor;
- Pre-IPO restructuring of a government owned company in Abu Dhabi in the field of Fertilizer business;
- Advising an investment company as funds manager on launching two investment funds, one of which is real estate investment funds backed by assets in KSA; and
- Appointed as the legal counsel of two investment funds worth AED 750 million each and advising the fund managers on the restructuring of these funds.