Our group’s primary goal is to effectively manage risk and resolve disputes pursuant to our client’s strategic interests – be it through amicable negotiation, litigation and arbitration. Our Litigation/Disputes practice extends to many industries, including banking, finance, insurance, real estate, construction, technology, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, retails, government contracts and health care. Not only do we understand the UAE local courts proceedings in and how they function, but we have the substantive knowledge in these and many other industries that allows us to understand how basic commercial disputes function before the courts to the peculiarities of a particular industry on contracting relationship.
Below is a list of our recent M&A transactions:
- Advised a marine and logistics services company on a joint venture and completed the transaction in May 2020.
- Advised an Italian multinational company on the acquisition of a stake in government owned refinery business completed in early 2019 for a value of USD 3.3 Billion.
- Advised major oil company in the United Arab Emirates in relation to acquisition of a stake in a fertilizers company together with Shearman Sterling in 2018 for approximately USD 400 million and further assisted in putting together a 65/35 joint venture structure with one of the largest construction companies in the region in 2019.
- Advised on the acquisition of a private joint stock company listed on DFM in 2019 for approximately AED 230 million.
- Advised a global investment company together with Shearman & Sterling on an acquisition by virtue of the exercise of a put option for a value of approximately AED 307 million.
- Advised a global investment company together with Shearman & Sterling on the sale of a stake in the company that developed and operates a university campus to a Korean bank for a value of USD 128 million.
- Advising a regional marine services Abu Dhabi based company on the restructuring and disposal of a stake to potential investors.
- Advising a regional private equity company on the acquisition of a majority stake of major UAE healthcare group.
- Advising an investment firm with interests in health and education on its potential acquisition of a majority stake in a regional healthcare group, as disclosed on DFM.
- Advised a private equity firm on the sale of multiple investments, including a Cayman Island holding entity.
- Advised a solar energy provider on the acquisition of a Dubai based Solar Energy Company.
- Advised a fully-fledged investment bank on the sale of 100% of a DFSA regulated company in the DIFC